A late post to round up my reading in June. The month started with the excellent Crimefest and I came away with lots of new authors that I want to read and not enough time to try them. A new teaching job is taking up a lot of precious reading time but at least a decentish train journey is helping me keep on top of things. I read one book for the Petrona Awards, a slightly disappointing The Devil’s Sanctuary by Marie Hermanson. There were some nice new discoveries though, and worth a mention is Gordon Ferris’s series set in post-war Glasgow which I will certainly be reading more of.
My book of the month, though, was the outstanding I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes. I really do hope this book gets the attention it deserves. Anyone who loves a good spy story will love this one.
The seven books that I read for crimepieces were:
1. Pilgrim Soul by Gordon Ferris
2. The Good Suicides by Antonio Hill
3. The Devil’s Sanctuary by Marie Hermanson
4. Generation Loss by Elizabeth Hand
6. A Taste for Malice by Michael J Malone
7. I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes