April is my favourite month of the year and, although spring has come late to Derbyshire, the cold weather encouraged lots of reading. I read eight books in April, and I can see from my list that only two of them were by women. I normally try for a better balance than that so I must make a concerted effort in May to read more books by women. It was good to read books in series that are fast becoming my favourites, including those by Stav Sherez, William Ryan and S J Bolton.
My book of the month, however, was the fourth in a series that has become one of my ‘must reads’. Savage Spring by Mons Kallentoft brought together many of the strands of earlier books to produce a gripping and thought-provoking narrative.
The eight books I read for crimepieces were:
1. The Wreck of the Margherita by Bill Todd
2. Nordic Noir by Barry Forshaw
3. We Are Here by Michael Marshall
4. Savage Spring by Mons Kallentoft
5. The Twelfth Department by William Ryan
6. Blessed Are Those Who Thirst by Anne Holt
7. Eleven Days by Stav Sherez
8. Like This For Ever by S J Bolton
Kerrie, at Mysteries in Paradise, is collating the pick of the month from crime fiction bloggers around the world.