June was the CWA National Crime Writing Month and the excellent Reginald Hill tribute site attracted posts from crime writers, reviewers, bloggers and friends of this great writer. I contributed a review of the excellent The Stranger House.
For crimepieces, there was a strong international flavour to my reading with not a single book set in the UK. There wasn’t a bad book amongst my selection, an improvement on May’s offerings and it has been difficult to choose a winner. I am going to go with Black Skies by Arnaldur Indridason mainly because I had been looking forward to it and the anticipation did not spoil my read one bit.
The ten books I read in June for crimepieces were
1. The Man on the Balcony by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö
2. Death and the Olive Grove by Marco Vichi
3. The Bull of Mithros by Anne Zouroudi
4. Summertime Death by Mons Kallentoft
5. The Kiss of Death by PD Martin
6. The Black Path by Asa Larsson
7. Containment by Vanda Symon
8. The Bloody Meadow by William Ryan
9. Black Skies by Arnaldur Indridason
10. The Silver Stain by Paul Johnston
As usual, Kerrie from Mysteries in Paradise is collating the pick of the month’s reads.