As the phrase ‘April Showers’ became a huge understatement in Britain, there was plenty to enjoy book wise. My resolution at the end of March was to read some new (to me) authors and in fact 80% of my reading was by writers I hadn’t read before. I particularly enjoyed expanding my list of female crime writers including Y A Erskine, Eva Hudson, Margot Kinberg, Camilla Ceder and Rebecca Cantrell.
It was an author writing his twelfth (I think) book who provided the stand out read for me. The Cold Cold Ground by Adrian McKinty was a compelling read set during The Troubles in Northern Ireland. It made me think for days afterwards and I am very much looking forward to future books in the Sean Duffy series.
The ten books I read in April for crimepieces were:
1. The Loyal Servant by Eva Hudson
2. The Man Who Went Up in Smoke by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö
3. The Cold Cold Ground by Adrian McKinty
4. A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell
5. The Hour of the Wolf by Hakan Nesser
6. Publish or Perish by Margot Kinberg
7. Last Seen Wearing by Hillary Waugh
8. Frozen Moment by Camilla Ceder
9. The Holy Thief by William Ryan
10. The Brotherhood by Y A Erskine
Kerrie over at Mysteries in Paradise is compiling a list of Book of the Month selections.